Dylron's Filter

Some stories from Minot so some of you who don't live here anymore can keep up. Musings on life, music and movies.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

ELECTRIC SIX=ROCK N ROLL DOMINATION

I'm having a love affair. That's right. I said it. It began three years ago. When I first discovered Electric Six. The were raw; Equal parts rock, punk and disco infused with sly humor. A powerful combination as far as I'm concerned. If anyone out there saw my drunken lip synch concert I put on in Shipley's basement to their last album Fire after Todd & Nicole's wedding, you know what I'm talkin' 'bout.

This year they have delivered me a wonderful Valentines day present in the form of a new album titled Senor Smoke. They come back in fine form giving me and any of their fans exactly what they want but with a little added anger and frustration aimed at president Bush and his cronies. Make no mistake. Senor Smoke kicks major ass!

4 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.bravewords.com/news/39845

Hopefully it doesn't suck as much as the demo's I heard did.
-Jarrett

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Dylan...
I'll have to check it out some time. Have you gotten a promo of the new Appleseed Cast record, Peregrine, yet? They have been one of my favorite bands from the past several years--shimmering, amazing, conceptual rock with a flair for the experimental. Check 'em out if you haven't yet.

How is everything else going?

Peace...
Brian

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dylan - If you are who I think you are, you will remember me. This is Kristine Shafer from the 1117 house in Minot from back in the 90's. I've been living in Denver,CO for the last ten years and just today, I stumbled on a blog from Scott Wolf linking to a bunch of other people I used to know...you being one of them. Email me if you are so inclined. I'm sending out blog comments and junk to see who will reply. mqkristine@yahoo Take care and I hope you are doing well! Kristine

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://whynotminot.blogspot.com
http://whynotminot.blogspot.com

Check it out.. probably not as grand as Dylron's page, but i'll try my best... or worst..

Dan (Minot, ND)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home